Thursday, April 29, 2010

Praying for 'Yellow Stuff'

I just checked and I am WAY overdue for a blog!

Since the last entry: March 24th, I clearly caved on day 4 of the No Carb, "Sacred Heart", "Dolly Parton Soup"...what HAVE you, diet and have since experimented with South Beach, Vegans and Laxatives. Only to return to old faithful: Weight Watchers.
It's the only thing that makes any sense! If you're going to try and tell me I can't eat PIZZA...think again. So for a week I did it by the book...point system and all. It was tough but it also really helped me to see portions and calories up close and in person. And I saw that while a few days I had stayed within my points value...I was still ravenous because I had done so with a real lack of fruits and veggies. So now I eat really well mostly whole grains and fruits during the day... I find I am really not hungry much and that way if at dinner Mark wants Wendy's or I want a WaWa Hoagie...I don't have to feel miserable and guilty and fat if we have it. I can also HAVE real pasta if I so choose, or bread or what have you. I'm working out hard core, I feel good. I think the Mucinex D and Claritin are appitite suppresants also so that can't hurt :). In any event. It's a nice feeling to just enjoy and your world's not revolving on when you're eating next which is how I usually felt.

In other news...I've been sick for almost a month now. Mark for almost 2 1/2 weeks...what a MESS. When Cathy and Kim were in town we were driving to pick them up for dinner and all of a sudden I had this weird cough, I felt like I need to clear my throat and by the next morning (of course my first gig with Hollywood Nights) I felt tired , had a runny nose and my voice was starting to go. What started out as severe allergies (which by the way I had never had..on any level) turned into a NASTY sinus infection. Which I believe got even nastier by the fact that I had to go so long without anti biotics. While I am feeling MUCH better...the "yellow stuff" has yet to come out of my nose. I KNOW IT'S IN THERE!!
Warning: the next couple of sentences will be gross! Apparently you can get big chucks of mucus which harden and then the other mucus can't pass. Basically a Mucus Troll under my sinus bridge won't let the "yellow stuff" get out! I have tried it ALL. Herbs, tea, steam, neti pots, nasal sprays, SWIMMING (it was a long shot but I tried...) I've done it all. Basically in the beginning from time to time I would have what my chiropractor referred to as, 'the blow out'...I'd blow my nose and some really gross smelley yellowish green stuff would come out. That hasn't happened for quite some time now. This morning I had my first appearance of yellow stuff come out of the much less congested left nostril. It was brief but exciting none the less. My smell and taste are still nowhere near up to code. And the cruelest twist to all of this....I cannot taste pizza! In a wildly optomistic gesture, during my trip to South Street Monday, I decided to have facial accupressure at a Chinese Med Spa and then venture across the street to Lorenzo and Sons for one of their famous slices. It looked SO good. Like OVERWHELMINGLY delish......couldn't taste SHIT! I wanted to weep. It's been hard. So very hard....but I'm sad/ok to say that I'm coming to terms with the fact that this just might be the way my life goes. And then 5 years from now I'll be on OPRAH discussing how losing my taste/smell opened my eyes to other pleasures and helped my create my foundation for other young girls who love pizza and hate sinus infections.

Really- that's been my life lately. Living, Loving, Sneezing. We've just been exhisting....trying to get better. If Mark's feeling OK one day , he takes care of me. Rubs my back, makes me tea- if I'm feeling OK I take care of him. Rub his back, make him lemonade, force him to try homepathic remedies. I tried to switch the pillows on him last night...I thought it had worked. Until we actually went through our afformentioned drill: Take out the long pillows from the bottom- put them on the floor , stack the other two accordingly. He knew I had replaced his old pillow. He has this pillow....I can't even....I mean, you can practically HEAR the dust mites screaming and eating our flesh. So I thought mayhaps if this wasn't the SOURCE of disease in our house,,,it certainly was an accomplice. So I bought new pillows, washed our cases and tried a switcheroo. When I woke up this morning Mark had switched them in the middle of the night :). Ah well. I tried.
More to come. Until then- Pray for 'Yellow Stuff' people! PRAY!

XOXOJAC

No comments: