Saturday, November 8, 2008

Holly Golightly- A Mellowdrama


I went to bed at 6:30 this morning.  Don't ask.
But being as it's Saturday and I don't have my show until later...I figured I could sleep in and be just peachy. Around 9am my precious prince of a cat wanted to go out on the porch, as usual. Bless him , he waited longer than he usually does to torture me. So I got up out of bed in my sweatpants, threw a pillow over my boobs, and let him out to our screened in porch.  Now...there is a hole in one of the screens but it's been dutifully covered with a cardboard box and a milk crate. Smart, right? Hmmmmm.
So When I woke up at 1:15pm, the first place I looked...as per usual, was the porch.  It was at this point that my life began to play out in slow motion...I noticed boxes were knocked over. And then I glanced right, and saw the box that blocks the escape route was knocked over and my cat was gone.  Now I know most people love their animals...but I LOVE Franki.  He's my child.  I worry about him constantly. And I'll be the first to acknowledge it's not normal but I will not dignify it as , "unhealthy".  I just happen to really love him and worry greatly about him. I feel like he was traumatized as a kitten and I owe it to him to give him as lovely a life as possible. So anything that compromises that , gives me great anxiety.  
So I go outside, he's GONE. I start hysterical screaming , crying. It's RAINING. And he's a baby. He's very co-dependent....that's why we get along so well.  So...not only is he missing, but he's out in the RAIN and alone, and it's cold ...and there are CARS...it was just too much. I wanted to die.  I'm screaming his name, in sweatpants, barefeet, a Park City Utah tshirt and plent o' zit cream. I'm shaking his bag of food...Im on the phone with my Mother SCREAMING (she, by the way is ready to have me commited). It's just awful. I went to my neighbor's...their child is inept and said , "I see cats walking around all the time"....WELL THANKS, DOUCHE! I left her mid-sentence because I could tell she wasn't getting me anywhere and I was losing valuable search time. Then just as I answer the phone, I'm walking back to my house sobbing, and Franki runs on the porch and I scooped him up and we wept together. Like "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  Now , obviously I'm blogging, and my precious baby is asleep on a soft pillow beside me. 

And he's never going outside again.

Stay Tuned.
XOXOJAC

1 comment:

Sianka said...

Why did you go outside in the rain looking for Frankie? You ought to have asked Mr. Mistoffelees! The original Conjuring cat.