Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Slightly Streep-y

I just got home from rehearsal.  Ah, rehearsal.  Most people wear sweat pants....jazz pants, sneakers, maybe a character shoe here and there....what did I wear tonight?
Black mini dress, black tights, and black suede 4 inch stiletto boots. WHY? I DON'T KNOW!  I am just a lunatic and feel the need to over compensate so people aren't saying, "she's Lois Lane?"....granted, I probably shouldn't worry anyway...I mean, I made it didn't I? And I should compensate by using my talent and working hard to make this role great...which I AM but still...I feel boots are required.
AND SO....after Mark and I tweeked "Always True To You.." several times we had to go pick up a cast memeber from the Speedline....Mark needed directions, I said I'd help. My sister texts me (its always her fault...kidding) and I'm texting back , and walking , which CLEARLY I should've known I can't do two things at once...as I make my way down the scary stairs...I fall. 
I FALL. And try as I may....I can't STOP FALLING. SO I start SCREAMING , "NO NO NO NO NO"....like that's gonna help. In my mind, two thoughts kept playing: "I have no health insurance and I'm about to rip my face off on these stairs" and "I am going on stage even if I am left with a claw hand and skin grafts...I AM GOING ON STAGE" ...luckily, Mark was at the foot of the stairs and caught me. I don't know how. It must've looked like an elephant clad in Marc Jacobs' fall line falling at him.  NIGHTMARE. I immediately began shaking. It was nerves. It was fear. It was the idea of my fat ass falling at Mark replaying in my head like, "Rhythm of the Night" in a gay bar....it was everything. 
I have never heard Bruce's feet move SO FAST in my life. Everyone wanted me to be still and make sure I was ok...which was lovely. I, on the other hand....I wanted to go to Taco Bell....eat a crunch wrap....and then die. I went with Mark to pick up CJ instead.
....so now I am home. I'm going to listen to something sad and cry, because I am mortified.
ABSOLUTELY MORTIFIED.
I thought I was physically ok but each minute that passes I feel something else that hurts....charming.
So far, visibly, my left hand is a but F'd up and my left knee is bruised....my necks starting to hurt but....I don't know. What can you do???
If Lois Lane has to go onstage with a bedazzled neck brace...you bet your ass that's what she'll do!
Character Choices, people. That's what we've got to make.
So yea....moral of the story is...
I will no longer attempt to shower, shave, re-apply make up and put on CRAZY club clothes for blocking rehearsals...or any rehearsals really....
now my back hurts.
OY

Stay Tuned
JAC

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You and your back problems..... ;)